halloween

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Angels Among Us

So - I've been thinking a lot about angels this week and need to acknowledge that I have them in my life.  I'm thankful for the angel who's watched my youngest son recently when life started taking left turns.  I'm thankful for the angels who have called to see how things were going and for the ones that said, "Just thinking of you," or "I Love you".   I'm thankful for the angel who took one of my twins to the orthodontist when I was unable to and then surprised me with providing dinner.  God listens to our prayers.  I'm thankful for the angel who sent me an email that was laugh out loud funny - a story from our younger years.  I'm thankful for the angels who just simply called or stopped by.   And I'm thankful surely for the guardian angels who watch over us from Heaven who communicate through simple but sure feelings that 'all will be well.'

I'm thankful for one of my angel sons who was honorably released from serving in the Maryland Baltimore Mission this morning.  He's little angel wings got a bit crunched, & broken and his halo was infact a little crooked from serving in the mission field.  But it's my understand that 'God can fix Broken things.'  I've heard that right out of President Holland's very own mouth.   When Elder Traasdahl flew in last night it was a joy to be amongst one of his caliber.  We love you Austin and welcome you home.  There's tape in the cupboard for your broken wings.  Everything else will heal with time.  

2 comments:

LM said...

Welcome home Austin! Can't wait to see you next week (what good timing for me!) and give you a giant hug!

Heidi said...

aaaw, great thoughts marne. ;) welcome home to the missionary, we've all been thinking about you guys. lots to be thankful for this season. :)