50
Here's Erin and I. We enjoyed a little outling last Saturday to the elementary school of our childhood. My dad was an Asst. Principal for several years so we went to honor him as well. The weather was beautiful but the company was even better. Those of us who could come, enjoyed. It did make me a little sentimental to walk on the school grounds and no longer have the familiar faces of childhood around. We've all grown up.
It was interesting for me to see former teachers and a principle who I used to stand in awe of. OK - be intimidated by. Now I am as tall or taller than they are and can look them in the eye. There was not an inkling of intimidation - just a realization that we are all here in mortality, divinely placed by God in certain circles of influence to grow and learn. And yes one day return Home. It was a tender reminder that my Dad has already done so.

No comments:
Post a Comment