halloween

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Show Low to Taylor June 19th, 2010

We couldn't leave to Taylor without visiting my Dad's gravesight in the Show Low Cemetary.

The following is my small journal entry on Fathers Day.
"6-20-2010"

--On this Fathers Day I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of my Heavenly Father.
I am thankful to have felt His love throughout my life and His guiding influence.
He has blessed me greatly, and brought me Happiness.
I love Him and pray that I can remain constant and faithful to covenants I have made with Him.

I'm also thankful for the earthly father He blessed me with. Corwin LeRoy.
I love my Dad and am thankful for his good example and worthiness to hold the Priesthood.
Always.

I went to his graveside yesterday morning.

Tender.

Peaceful.

Beautiful.

I miss him but know he is often near. Guiding me, encouraging me, loving me still. Like unto my Heavenly Father.

My heart has been full today with such thoughts and such an appreciation for my Savior -- whose sacrifice and gospel will allow me to see my Heavenly Father, and earthly father again. I pray to be worthy of that privlege.

I'm thankful for all the good Scott has done for our sons as the Father in our home.

He works endlessly for our welfare. He's amazing.

I hope my boys will be good Fathers too. Just like their
Dad and
Grandpa Ellsworth and
Grandpa Traasdahl.
Such good men.--





It was so windy - but the mountain air was a treat.


And then we were off to Taylor, to Uncle Reg's home for a Tenney Reunion.
Needless to say, the family has grown since my Grandma and Grandpa Tenney got married.
Wow. Seriously, Wow.

The above picture is a quick snap shot of our family skit.
May you never have the opportunity to see the video.
That would be my hearts desire. We sang to twinkies professing our love, operatic style, and then threw
twikies to the audience. I won't mention any names but the Ellsworth family members who didn't participate in our family skit (namely the ones sitting on the back row) received an accurate throw from me. Several twinkies were delivered in such manner.
That was my favorite part of the skit. Nailing my own relatives. :)
Retribution.
Justice.
(I apologize if I woke Hunter up John.)

OK - can I just say I love my family and that we can laugh, and laugh and laugh together!


Uncle Reg's flag was a welcomed sight.
May God Bless America and our families...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

LM said...

Chucking twinkies sound like so much fun! Maybe next year!